Monday, March 3, 2008

I Should Be Teaching

There really isn't a valid reason why I'm not. I've always maintained that I can always fall back to teaching. Not that I've done it before... but it's my fallback career. If I can't think of or find something that I really want to do, I can always fall back to teaching.

Well... it really is about that time. Past that time, really. I don't really have any valid excuses for why I'm not doing it.

Oh... I've got invalid excuses. I've got invalid excuses for everything. Most of the time, I don't feel capable of conducting a class. But I know that's crap. There's really nothing that I'm incapable of doing. But teaching's a year long commitment, and there's no real training period. Day one I'll be in the room by myself with room full of kids. And, for one thing, I don't feel like I have anything worth imparting.

But if I absolutely hate it, I'm stuck for a year.

But I probably wouldn't hate it. I'd probably be fine. So at this point, it's really probably what I should be doing. Now, whether or not I will is another story.

I should get myself certified to sub, and get a little bit of experience in a classroom for the remainder of the school year. And then in the fall I should look for a job teaching high school english. That should be the plan, and for the next few days I'll probably think it over, and then I'll probably dismiss it again, like I always have.

God, I hate me.

No comments: